Friday, July 17, 2015

Corn Puppy Muffins

Lunch time is a challenge. I strive to keep it simple, somewhat healthy, and interesting. I love to cook, so making a fun lunch not only gives me happy kids, it stimulates that "food snob" part of my brain that begs to stay active.

Corn dogs are a long time kid food fav that is super available, cheap, and easy. They get boring quick. So, I must admit to seeing a picture of the idea online, but the recipe is mine. I just looked at the pic and have no idea what their recipe was. I am however, very into "cheating" in the kitchen since I'm handicapped and it takes me 3 times as long as "regular" bodies to do the same thing. This is what I did this afternoon: (btw, it is a good thing I got a pic because they were gone in 10 min)

I made 2 packages of Jiffy cornbread according to package directions. To the mix, I added 1 can creamed corn.

I had one of my 9 yr old twins cut one pack of hotdogs into fourths....math lesson!

After I filled sprayed muffin cups with batter, she poked a hotdog piece into each.

They baked at 400 F for about 20 min.
  
They didn't last 10 min around my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment