Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Recipe....kids in the kitchen

I'm a firm believer that the earlier you get kids in the kitchen the better. Yes, it will be messy at first, just be ready for it.

My children now chant back at me "a good chef cleans while they cook". I don't even have to say it anymore.

So, I'm gonna try to do kid friendly recipes, testing them on my kids. Mind you, these kids have been in the kitchen since age 2, so please forgive me if I stray beyond normal. Not one single person has ever accused me or my kids of being normal!

2 Ingredient Kid Friendly No-bake Cookies

1 bag of your fav chip....I chose mint chocolate because of the holidays.
1/2 box corn flakes....plain

Put the chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds. Take them out and stir. Repeat until you have melted chocolate. It took my daughter 5 times, but every microwave is different.

Pour half a box of corn flakes into a huge bowl.

Stream the melted chocolate all over the corn flakes. Use a spoon until the chocolate cools enough to touch, then dive in with God's utensils...hands.

You will get a gloopy sloppy mess. Just make little piles on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.

Refrigerate 2 hrs.


-Kendra 

No comments:

Post a Comment