Sunday, December 14, 2014

Kids in the Kitchen 2...egg muffins

This is a process, not a recipe per say.

Open your fridge and pull out your leftovers and a carton of eggs. 

Decide which leftovers taste good with eggs.

I used spinach and cheddar cheese today. Ham, potato, stewed tomatoes, sautéed onions, mushrooms. lunch meat, sausage, bacon, broccoli....all things I've used before. 

I highly suggest shredded cheese as I'm of the opinion that everything tastes better with dairy fat ;)

Take out your cupcake pan.

Spray it with baking spray, or grease it up with butter.

Preheat the oven to 375 F (no idea the C ).

Let each kid pick a pinch of their fav leftovers to put into the muffin tin that is greased.

Crack an egg (I let my daughter do this as well) into each muffin cup holder.

Gently mix the egg with whatever additions you chose.

I have a really cool square pan, but have done it with round as well.

Bake at 375 F for 20-25 min.

....round ones

...square ones

As you can tell, I usually mix in some sort of vegetable....a good way to get kids to eat their veggies.

- Kendra




No comments:

Post a Comment