Monday, March 7, 2016

Protein pancakes!

I must admit that my "famous" made from scratch pancakes are actually a recipe I "stole" from Melissa years ago when I visited her house and we had breakfast for lunch. That was about 10 years ago. My family loves them.

However, I have developed the need for protein because of blood sugar issues. I make them for the family, but rarely eat them now a days.

I was browsing through a magazine this morning and saw this:
I was intrigued...and hungry...so I tried them for breakfast.
I used 1 c Greek yogurt and a splash of milk, 1 c rolled oats, and 2 eggs.

Yum! Pancakes I can have! They had a bit of a different taste because of the plain Greek yogurt, but I just love Greek yogurt, so it made no nevermind to me. I'm full. Serves two medium to small stacks of 3 pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. I serve these with berries, walnuts, and just a skoche of maple syrup. I put cinnamon, 1/2 mashed banana, and 1T. baking powder in mine. So good.

    ReplyDelete