Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Motherhood after infertility

I had 12 years to dream of what motherhood would be like. 

In some areas I was bang on, and in others reality is sooooooo different. 

 

In my dreams I knew I would love my child with all my heart, and I do. 

In my dreams I never realised I could get so cross with someone I love so much. 

 

In my dreams I knew that I would give my child everything within me. 

In my dreams I never realised how much I would love to have time just to myself.

 

In my dreams I knew that I longed to be called Mummy.

In my dreams I never realised there would be times I wanted to change my name to anything but Mummy.

 

Being a mother is everything I dreamed of, and nothing like what I dreamed.

 

And I wouldn't change it for anything.

 

- Paula

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Love the tongue sticking out :D he gets that from his Aunty :D

      Delete