Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Magic pot....now don't let your mind wander ;)

I honestly, if I believed in magic, feel my enamel coated cast iron dutch oven pots are magic. Sure, there is a very scientific explanation of equal heat dispersion and all that....but for once I'm going to ignore science and call them "magic pots".

Both last night and tonight, I made different braised meats that were out of this world yummy. I was in splash and dash mode last night, so I could not tell you what I put in it other than stew meat, mushrooms, and onions.

Tonight I paid a bit closer attention. Hubby said I nailed the sauce from one of our fav restaurants.

Keep in mind...I feed six voracious eaters. These quantities are for my family. You may need to cut everything by half for normal quantities.

Thai Inspired Braised Pork


1 package from Sams of pork niblets (I threw away the wrapper....I don't know how much, but it filled my 4 cup measuring cup over the brim)
2 Tbs coconut oil
About 1 tsp seasoned meat tenderizer, no msg...salt, onion powder, paprika
1/2 onion, cut into "moons"
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 can coconut milk
1/2 tube lemongrass purée (found by the refrigerated herbs)
2 cloves garlic smushed in a garlic press

First, I browned the pork niblets in two batches in the coconut oil, with the seasoning sprinkled on it.

Then I literally dumped everything else along with the meat into my enamel coated dutch oven. I brought it to a boil. Then I stuck it covered into an oven at 275 F. It braised for 3.5 hrs.

I served it over Jasmine Rice.

I tossed in a handful dried parsley to assuage my obsession with pretty food.

"Slap yo Momma" good!

-Kendra 

1 comment:

  1. I am a dunce in the kitchen, but I know I don't have a dutch oven ... would this work in a crockpot?

    ReplyDelete