Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Power in a Bottle of Salad Dressing

Did you know the power you are hiding in your salad dressing stash?

I found this at Sams last week:

Today has been "one of those days". Yet, dinner must go on. My herd gets downright cranky when I don't feed them. Besides, I just dropped a load of money at the vet....there goes my takeout budget!

This is another process, not really a recipe per say...

Chop up three or four boneless skinless chicken breasts, or get a pack or two of boneless skinless thighs.

Find whatever veggies or potatoes...or both...that you like.

I like to brown up my chicken, but you don't have to.

Toss the chicken in a baking dish or crock pot.

Toss the veggies and or potato in a baking dish with the chicken (or in a crock pot).

Cover them with a bottle of salad dressing.

Bake about 40 min or braise about 4 hours or even throw it in the crockpot all day.

Dinner in one pot, done. It took Ya 10 min of work, and you only have one pot to clean.

Experiment. My family likes Italian Dressing, Raspberry dressing, Balsamic Vinegrette, and Ranch. I figured I'd play with this new one to see if they like it.

Pictured: chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, and spinach with the lime dressing and a bit of chicken stock for good measure (to make sure it doesn't dry out) ready to braise.

- Kendra


No comments:

Post a Comment