Sunday, January 4, 2015

Breakfast: French Toast Crumbles

I wrote this last year, but it has become a fav in our house, so I thought I'd share with Ya (I might have already and just don't remember.....mom brain!):

I had to make six breakfast casseroles to feed Awana folks "breakfast for dinner" tonight. It is my standby recipe of layers of bread, egg, sausage, and cheese. However, since the crusts of the bread are trimmed, there is a lot of waste. I hate waste!

So, I turned the waste into breakfast using:
1 gallon ziplock of trimmings
6 eggs
Splash of milk
Handful sugar
Sprinkle cinnamon
 
I scrambled up 6 eggs with a splash of milk and tossed the crusts in the eggs. I pan fried them in a little melted butter. I served them with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top....French Toast Crumbles...kids eat better if ya give it a cool name.

- Kendra 

No comments:

Post a Comment