Friday, December 19, 2014

Pantry raid dinner time

So, I need to go grocery shopping.

It takes a certain level of "chutzpah" to take four children on a big grocery run.
I barely have enough energy to shower lately.
However, the children get cranky when you don't feed them ;)

This is a process, not a recipe.

Scrounge around for a starch. We didn't have noodles, but I had fries frozen. I dumped them in a dish.

I had two cups beef broth and two cups milk. So I used 3 tbs butter and flour to make a gravy base. Let me know if you want to know how.

I had about 6 slices cheddar cheese and 2/3 block cream cheese, so I melted that in.

I tossed in spices (salt, pepper, dried parsley, onion powder)

In a different skillet I browned up some chopped thinly sliced steaks I found with a bit of salt and pepper . I used grape seed oil.

I mixed the meat into the sauce.

I poured the sauce all over the fries.

It cooked at 400 F for 30 min.
-Kendra 

No comments:

Post a Comment