Friday, October 17, 2014

What PAI means to me? ~Paula

In a word..... everything.

This has been a hard week for my family.  We said hello to our first foster placement, a precious little 8 month old boy, then we said goodbye to our first foster placement.  It was a very hard decision to make, but we know it was the right one, not just for us but for the little boy as well.

"The Lord gives, the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord"


The Girls of PAI shared my excitement at our first placement, they prayed as we made our decision to say goodbye, they loved me and continued their prayers when Baby left.

In short, they held my hand and carried me through a very hard time.  Even though they are scattered all over the world.  I knew they were there.

They were there to support me, to give me love and hugs, and to pray for my family, and for this precious little boy.


But the thing is.... I know they will be there for anyone else as well.  We all share in the joys, we all cry at the sorrows.  We are friends, we are a family, we are daughters of the one true God.  We share a tie that binds.  We know, we understand, we have been there, we are not alone.

I serve as the Executive Director for PAI, and I deliberately use the word 'serve'.  It is one of my greatest honours to serve the woman of PAI, and to share my life with them.

So, what does PAI mean to me?.......everything.






If we can be of help to you, or someone you know, please pass on to them our website, which will tell them how to register for our forums. 
http://www.parentingafterinfertility.org




I would also like to thank my family and non PAI friends who have also been there for us this week.  May God bless you all.

1 comment: