Sunday, August 16, 2015

Working with your kids

Don't ask for an exact recipe as this was splash and dash. I can tell ya how we did it, but haven't the foggiest idea what we put in the salsa.

But, that is not the point. I had peaches getting soft and garden tomatoes coming out my ears, so we made peach salsa. The point is that it took longer, but I got two of my girls in the kitchen having fun, learning how to create a canned food. Silly, but it was fun,  and it was kind of a hmmmm moment for me. I'm teaching them how to can, and maybe one day they will have a garden to can veggies from for their own family.

It doesn't matter what the skill...doing the dishes is a skill... Teach your children (boys and girls...my boy made dinner the other night) how to manage and run a home. Cooking happens to be my "skill". My children will grow up knowing how to cook for themselves....laundry might be another story ;)
-Kendra 

2 comments:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have GOT to do this more often!!!! So often it's easier to just do it myself ... but I'm supposed to be raising children to live independently and be productive in society. I'd better get to work!

    ReplyDelete