Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dandelion bread/muffins

Spring time has my kids on high alert for the first dandelion. We started making dandelion bread every spring in 2013 after I read the blog of a sweet friend. I've fiddled with the recipe to make it fit with what I had on hand.

The outside pictures are of my kids and a friend's kids. We drove to the Alaskan Pipeline, just less than a mile from my house. Useless fun fact following: in some places the pipeline is above ground, while in others it is buried like it is near my house. Useless fun fact #2: the fuel running through the pipe is so warm, it warms the ground around it. My yard is still brown, but the warmth from the pipeline makes it warm enough for flowers to start blooming. Look carefully at the stripe of green where the pipe lays in the ground. L gets credit for taking the pics.




2 cups all purpose flour( I used white whole wheat)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup dandelion flower petals that have been washed and plucked
1/4 cup canola oil (or 1/4 cup Greek yogurt....makes it healthier)
4 tablespoons honey
1 egg
1 1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400.

Use baking spray to lightly spray 12 muffin cups for easy removal
Combine wet
Combine dry (including dandelion petals)
Mix together
Bake 20 or so min

It tastes sorta like corn bread.



-Kendra


No comments:

Post a Comment