Monday, March 9, 2015

Why you "need" a cast iron pot....

On Monday  I have 1.5 hrs of bootie kicking physical therapy. Making dinner must be simple. I have made this exact recipe in a crock pot. It is good, but this was scrumptious. Oh my, was it good! My kids call my cast iron pot my "magic pot" because it makes everything better!

This is a cheater cheater pumpkin eater recipe that is super easy:

Chicken Cheese and Corn Enchilada Dip...or 3C Dip ;)


This recipe feeds my family of six big eaters. It makes a lot!

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 cans green enchilada sauce
1cup shredded mexican blend cheese
1 can creamed corn
1 diced onion
2 tbs oil of your choosing...I like grape seed or evoo

Brown the chicken in the oil (you may skip this step if you are tired like I was today...just omit the oil).

Dump everything in your cast iron dutch oven ( a crock pot works....it just doesn't taste nearly as good).

Put in a preheated oven to cook low and slow. Today I only had time to do 300 F for 4.5 hrs. 275 for 6 hours is good too.

Scrape the yummy brown bit o yumminess from the side of the pot while you bust up chicken that is so fall apart tender that you only need a wooden spoon to bust it to bits.

Mix well.

Serve with chips, tortillas, over rice, with lettuce and salsa....whatever you have on hand.

-Kendra 


No comments:

Post a Comment