Monday, December 22, 2014

I heart my hubby...story 5


Sometimes you don't know what you've got until you see what others don't ...

Sometimes I feel like my hubby is constantly around and in my way and we get tired of each other ... until I think of the friend who is a military wife and spends a lot of time parenting her three children while she works full-time and her husband is deployed on a ship on the other side of the world.

Sometimes I realize what a prize I have in a husband who enjoys traveling and going on vacation with our family when I talk to the friend whose husband prefers to stay close to home, and she doesn't get to "get away" from everyday life.

Sometimes I actually realize how blessed I am to have a husband who supports me in my various endeavors, whether it's as a scrapbooking consultant or a semi-pro photographer ... as he willingly takes on the care and keeping of our sons so I can minister to others at workshops and photo sessions in other locations.

Sometimes I don't realize how special it is to have a husband who loves God's Word, seeks to live a godly life and lead our family in the same way ... until I talk to someone in a relationship that is unequally yoked and must take up that leadership role in their family.

Sometimes I forget how special it is to have been married to the same man for more than 20 years ... until I think of those who have been married for two, three, four, or more times and are still seeking the marriage they desire.

Sometimes I forget how blessed I am that God gave me the husband that He did ... until someone asks me to write a blog post about what I love about my husband.

My "sometimes" should be "all the time" ... for I am blessed beyond measure! The life I'm living may not be what I pictured when I was 20 years old – it's far better!
-Terryl

2 comments: