Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Ham and Cheese Quesadillas....kids in the kitchen

How do you turn one ham steak into food for the family? (I REALLY need to grocery shop but don't want to)

Make these!

1 ham steak
1 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
2 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup your fav salsa
Enough tortillas for at least one per person. I use whole grain / high fiber ones I found at Sams Club.

Makes 4-6 quesadillas

 I should have doubled the batch, had I had the ingredients. They gobbled these up.

Dump ham steak ( chopped roughly to help the food processor) and everything but the tortillas into a food processor. Pulse the food processor until you get a rough paste. Put two heaping spoonfuls  on one half of a tortilla. Spread it out....fingers work best. Fold the other half of the tortilla over to make a half moon shape. Cook on a griddle or big pan for about 5 min per side or until you see little brown streaks on the tortilla. Serve with sour cream and extra salsa.

My twins were quite proud of themselves for helping make these for the family.
  

-Kendra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment