Saturday, September 17, 2011

"I AM the Tooth Fairy"

Emily has a tooth that is very loose and it is making it difficult for her to eat. So she was trying to get it out. She kept talking about the Tooth Fairy, and what would the Tooth Fairy bring, and-- are you the tooth fairy Mom, when the tooth fairy called one time it was your picture on the phone.

So she kept on with this, and knowing I didn't have a dollars worth of change in my purse (I rarely, rarely carry cash) I knew if that tooth came out, the tooth fairy wouldn't be able to come through in the usual way. I thought about making a certificate on the computer for a Littlest Pet Shop critter from the dollar store, but it was late and my computer is visible from her bed, and-- that just wasn't going to happen.

So, I said "can you keep a secret?"

Oh yes, she can, she said!

"Don't tell anyone..." and I leaned in and whispered, "I AM the Tooth Fairy."

She stood there, eyes huge, and said "I knew it! I thought you were!" She was in awe, much more than I would have expected.

And then she said-- "But what I don't understand is how you travel all over the world every night?"




                              
Author, Melissa S. -  PAI Board Secretary
Melissa and her husband Brad have been married for 18 years, and have one daughter. They live in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Melissa worked as a secretary at New Mexico State University until the birth of their daughter, at which time she became a stay at home wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment